Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Long Story Short, My dual boot of Debian and Windows isnt so Dual anymore. Debian wiped out Windows so now im stuck with Debian For now. Im a BEGINNER with this. And I cant seem to get adobe Flashplayer to install. Ive got the right download, and its downloaded, But when I open the installation file...It says I can only open it in th Archive Manager..Which then it tells me...Archive File Not Supported. And Its not giving me any other options to use anything else.... In begginers language lol, Please Instruct me on what to do here. Im lost and Ive tried a few different things.

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hi Moniicamo,

You should search for the file or get it from Adobe downloads for Linux: install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz, which is a gzip'd tar file. Download it to your /home/<user>/Desktop. Then issue the commands:
$ gunzip install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
$ tar -xf install_flash_player_10_linux.tar

This will yield the executable file: libflashplayer.so

Presumably, you are running Firefox for your browser, and if so, do the following:
First:
$ cd
$ cd .mozilla
$ ls

If the directory ~/.mozilla/plugins does not exist then:
$ mkdir plugins
Next, from ~/Desktop directory, move the file libflashplayer.so as follows:
$ cd ~/Desktop
$ mv libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins

-- Tom

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hi Moniicamo,

What command are you trying to do? Is it from the command line in a terminal window, or in a browser like Firefox? You need to supply more information on what exactly you are doing for help.

What Debian release are you using: issue the command: $ uname -a
and post the output in this thread.

-- Tom

-- Tom

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Moniicamo,

What command are you trying to do? Is it from the command line in a terminal window, or in a browser like Firefox? You need to supply more information on what exactly you are doing for help.

What Debian release are you using: issue the command: $ uname -a
and post the output in this thread.

-- Tom

-- Tom
I tried also to use that command You just gave me to see what exact version of Debian I have and that command was not found either, Im doing it exactly as it is put, Im noticing that about %80 of Commands dont work for me. Im using the command in the Terminal.....I would try to use Root Terminal But Thats not working. it loads then brings up the regular terminal. But yeah.. Im very frustrated with this I appologize.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OKAY! So I got it all on my desktop and I am Trying to move the file into the Plugins for Firefox and its telling me i dont have permission to mess with those files. Reason being- I had gotten Lubi On my Computer to Switch to Ubunu and it didnt work.. Thats a whooooole nother problem. But after I did that, Somehow it does not let me Login as (single Mode) root when i Boot up my computer. I only have access to Terminal too, Root terminal does not work because Im guessing Im not on Single User Mode. Anyone know how i can change my root Properties and Make me have Root authority on the User I do have working?? Then Maybe I can Do this and get this all working!! =)

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hi Moniicamo,

I am attaching the file unixtoolbox.xhtml and you should find some commands there that will help you. You will need to rename the file from unixtoolbox.xhtml.txt to unixtollbox.xhtml and open the file in Firefox.

-- Tom

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.