Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Adobe 8 and now all of my Desktop icons have the Adobe logo and will only open up Adobe, not my usual shortcuts, like word, excel, games etc...I tried uninstalling Adobe, which fixed the problem, but when I re-installed it came back again. I don't knw how to fix this...I'm new to all this! I'm running windows vista Help!:eek:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm not sure why that is happening but you can try and fix the icons by right clicking on the programs that are displaying the incorrect icons, select properties>change Icon and find the correct one

·
Registered
625 Posts
Adobe Reader is HUGE...more than 100 MB of files. The Foxit Reader is much smaller and faster. The download is 3.65 MB here. Download the Foxit Reader 2.2 (.exe) file to a place you can find it. Double click the file to install.

I have been using Foxit Reader for more than a year and it will do everything that I need including opening ALL .pdf files. I would suggest that you uninstall Adobe Reader (you can always reinstall it if you want to) and install Foxit Reader. That will most probably solve your problem and leave you with a leaner, faster system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.