Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small card that allows for two extra USB plug ins at the back of my tower in the hole for a PCI card. This small card is not plugged into the PCI card slot. Instead it has a small cable that plugs over some pins on my mother board.
My question is can I add a second such card and plug it onto the same pins on th emother board. I know I can make a connector that would take the cables from both of the small USB cards and connect them so that both will be plugged into the same set of pins. Will this work? Or will the card only recognize a maximum number of USB's on this pin connector or will I blow somwthing by upsetting some voltage some how?
Thank you
seirved4

·
Registered
389 Posts
Even if you did that, and I think it would be a very bad idea, you would still only have two usb slots detected. Better to get an add in usb card (about $20) or get a usb hub, which you would hook up to the existing usb port.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.