Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I hope you can help me.

When I first built my rig, I partitioned my 1TB Hard drive into 4 partitions. On the first one I installed XP 32-bit, on the second one I installed XP 64-bit, on the third one I installed Windows 7 RC1 64-bit, and the fourth partition was a storage one.

Later, I got a 750GB HD and I deleted the 4th storage partition from the 1TB HD.

Today, I wanted to install RTM since I have a legit key. So, I went ahead and uninstalled the 7 bootloader using EasyBCD. This reverted me to XP 32 and XP 64 prompts when booting. Then, I installed 7 RTM and then the XP entries disappeared.

I would like to add XP 32 and XP 64 to the boot manager. I tried what people have suggested here with no luck. When I choose XP in the boot options, I get an error saying that the boot.ini file is missing and the NTDETECT failed.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
16,194 Posts
Where did you install Win 7 RTM, which drive and partition ?

At the link you gave did you follow all the instructions ? What letter did you use for the partition in step 3 ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed Win 7 RTM on the same partition RC was on. I just formatted it before installing RTM. So, it is the 1TB drive and the third partition.

I did follow all the instructions in the link. I used D as the partition since the partition XP is on is displayed as D in Windows 7. I also followed what a user suggested in the "before last" comment with not luck.

Thanks,

P.S: Hard luck for Liverpool today mate!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fixed the problem using the latest build of EasyBCD 2.0 build 63.

You simply add the XP entry and it will take care of the needed files for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.