Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
74,222 Posts
If you originally burned the disc as a multi-session disc, you should be able to add more files as additional burning sessions. If you originally burned the disc as a single session disc, you can not add additional files to it.

Multisession DVD-R discs may not be compatible with older operating systems and only the original session files burned to the disc may be accessible with those operating systems.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you originally burned the disc as a multi-session disc, you should be able to add more files as additional burning sessions. If you originally burned the disc as a single session disc, you can not add additional files to it.

Multisession DVD-R discs may not be compatible with older operating systems and only the original session files burned to the disc may be accessible with those operating systems.
Thank You, i understand the multisession. I have burned the original clips with DVD Flick. What do you think i should use? I tried Nero Smart Start "burn data disc" but it won`t do it.:D

·
Super Moderator
74,222 Posts
Your original post did not mention that you were using a DVD authoring program, like DVD Flick, to put your videos on the DVD-R. I thought you were just saving the individual files to a DVD-R data disc.

As far as I know, once you create (author) and finalize a DVD with menus and such, there is no way to add more content afterward.

I am not sure if any authoring software will let you edit menus and add to the contents of an unfinalized disc (never tried it). I am pretty sure though that an unfinalized disc would not play on a typical home or portable DVD player.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your original post did not mention that you were using a DVD authoring program, like DVD Flick, to put your videos on the DVD-R. I thought you were just saving the individual files to a DVD-R data disc.

As far as I know, once you create (author) and finalize a DVD with menus and such, there is no way to add more content afterward.

I am not sure if any authoring software will let you edit menus and add to the contents of an unfinalized disc (never tried it). I am pretty sure though that an unfinalized disc would not play on a typical home or portable DVD player.
OK, thank you.:up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.