Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to blame Easy Cleaner for this. I made a registry backup and Easy Cleaner made a backup itself before I told it to clean my registry. It scanned and removed a lot of registry entries (The number was staggering.)

I rebooted later, and suddenly noticed that my logon had changed. Instead of the Windows XP style (You know, display of names to the right, click one enter password etc) I was back to the old Windows gray floating box with username and password entries. I didn't like it. So I went in and used my registry backup, restarted, and it was still the gray floating box. I went in, and used Easy Cleaner's backup, and still the gray floating box. So I got miffed and tried to go uninstall Easy Cleaner... And I couldn't access my Add/Remove Programs. :\ But naturally, I could still access it through Easy Cleaner itself, so I used Easy Cleaner to uninstall itself. >_>

So for about a week now I have been unable to get to Add/Remove Programs, and I just today found out that the Device Manager under My Computer - Properties isn't working either.

The same thing happens with them both. The computer is busy for a second, like it's trying to load them... And then nothing opens.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And yes, I tried just re-enabling the welcome screen, it doesn't work. Welcome Screen is enabled, Fast User Switching is enabled - I still get windows classic logon. And sorry for the double post but this was three pages back and I really need help...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.