Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I cannot seem to use any online virus scanner. Typically I get variations of the following message:
"You cannot access this page with your current browser settings. Please make sure that you are running Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher, with security settings that allow you to:
Download signed ActiveX controls
Run ActiveX controls and plugins
Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting.
You can do this by choosing the "Medium" default level under Tools | Internet Options | Security | Internet Zone. See Internet Explorer help for more information".

The trouble is: My security levels ARE set to Medium! I have even tried to set it to "low" to no avail.
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
I encounter this problem on other online installations - with similar ActiveX type of messages.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You may have to set to a 'Custom level' instead of just setting the 'medium' level. Just go through the list a select the appropriate recommended settings. Do you possibly have another security or antivirus program that maybe preventing these controls and scripts from running?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I already tried the custom level idea. I run Norton anti virus but so do tens of thousand other people. I do have SpyBot & I read there might be a connection but I have gone over the settings over & over (nothing blocked or immunized) & I disabled Google ad blocker What else???

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Have you checked your firewall settings?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.