Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, gang. Happy to be on this board and enjoy reading the solves and commraderie. Hope you can help me as well.

I'm a newbie, plain and simple. We have an ActionTec router (R1524SU) and Qwest is our ISP. My son has a PS2 and we are trying to hook it up to the internet with his new Sony adaptor. The problem I'm running into is "opening ports." I called Sony and the woman told me I needed to open ports 10070-10080 TCP and 10070 UDP. I am going through the configurations, but am scared I'm not doing the right thing. Thus far, I am not getting a signal that the router is recognizing the PS2.

Please (as I drop to my knees), can someone walk me through this? It's probably simple but I am configuration dumb. I am just a caveman. This "internet" is a foreign world to me.

Thanks!!!
Quizno - have the Angus sandwich, it's good!

·
Registered
22,834 Posts
Seem to recall you need to access the router's configuration through the web. Then go to Advanced Setup / Port Forwarding. From there you would enter in the port(s). You should be able to enter a starting and ending port. Then the IP address of the device you want to forward them to. In you case it would the the Ps2's IP address.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bob. I appreciate it.

One question, does a PS2 have an IP address? If so, where would I find it? I've poured over the manuals that came with it, but to no avail.

An 11-year-old is gonna be pretty happy! I am too! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.