Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good image of my hdd for backup purposes using version 7.0.0.638. Old version, but trouble free!!
I seem to have a missing file that I may have accidentally deleted from a program on my hard drive. How can I easily copy the file to my hard drive and have it replace the deleted file? The virtual drive images are in a folder I created on my desktop. As usual, TIA.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I have a newer version but if you go to the "Explore Image" icon and then browse for your backup, it will create a logical drive with the content of that backup. Then, use Windows Explorer to open that new logical drive letter, go to the file you want, and copy it to the location of your choice.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You can mount the image as a logical disk and treat it just as any other disk.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First things first. Happy belated Birthday to ya John. Hope yesterday was one of your best yet!! Now that you are old enough to vote, don't forget to vote---and often.
I had mounted the image from my CDs and saved them to a folder I had opened on my desktop. I did that before I posted my thread but I could not determine the way to replace my two missing files. I had successfully done that before reading your replies but I did want to thank both of you for your help.
That Acronis software is great and has saved me 3-4 times.
I seemed to have better success with builds 611 and 634 with my machine. Build 638 was NOT good to me.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You do realize that there are much later builds available, right? I just got this from the support section of the Acronis site.

Acronis True Image 8.0 859 May 24, 2005 23.4 Mb

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I knew there is a later version but I never bought into the 8.0 version and in fact, I get the "info email" from Acronis. Even realizing that a later version with new builds is probably far better than my lowly 7.0 version, I have stayed with what I have because it tends to serve the small purpose I have for Acronis on my home computers.
Thanks for the tip, of course.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Makes sense, for some reason I was overlooking the version 7 part of your post. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.