Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My company needs to purchase Acrobat Professional for a new project we're working on. Some people have said that we should purchase 6.0 because 7.0 is too invasive. My experience with 6.0 is that it's a resource hog and slow loading and I've read that 7.0 is much quicker. Any opinions over which way I should go?

Thanx,

Gator

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told it adds itself to Microsoft Office products without asking your permission. I've read about users having difficulty removing those features permanently.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I don't think 7 is much faster than v6, mostly people think it's faster because there is a preloader installed at system startup.
For both, the best thing to do is to disable plugins that you won't use.
As for invasiveness - I haven't noticed much difference, most of the less appealing features can be disabled PDF SpeedUp 1.42 . For maximum compatibility in the future, go with 7.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I downloaded SpeedUp and now I get 6 or 7 error messages when I open a PDF file. After I close them all one at a time I can finally open the file. I tried to do a system restore but that didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.