Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hokay, don't know if this is the correct forum since I have no idea what the program does, I never actually used it, and still it crashes on me.

Whenever I start my comp (after logging in on it) I get a standard "fatal error" message, don't know the exact phrase in English but in Swedish it's "Acrobat Distiller har slutat att fungera" Which would be something similar to "Acrobat Distiller has ceased working". If it had been just that I wouldn't bother asking for help, since I never use it anyway. I get the same error when trying to start it normally.

And here's the part that confuses me:
When I start my warcraft 3 I get the same problem. My WC3 won't start at all, and sometimes I get this Distiller fatal error when trying to start WC3. Another little announcement pops up when I get the WC3/Distiller error, but since most of the times WC3 just fails to start up without this error showing I haven't been able to reproduce it and write down what it says. I might edit in that text as soon as I can find it.

Using windows vista business 32-bit with service pack 1. And I've had some problems with booting windows, most likely due to my hdd failing, this was fixed (not by me) by creating another partition, installing the same operative system on it and completely whiping the other partition completely clean. I still have two partitions though, one of them is just empty.

Using ATI mobility Radeon X1400. Since the screen brightness gets F-ed up (everything gets a lot brighter) when I fail to start my WC3 this might be relevant.

If there's anything else you need to know to help me, let me know.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
Moving the OS will not solve the problem of a failing hard drive. If it was failing, it still is, and you can expect an increasing number of problems.

Why not uninstall the Acrobat program?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean uninstalling Acrobat in general or Acrobat Distiller? And so far my comp is working fine other than this problem. And it's a school comp that I'm borrowing for as long as I stay in that school, so I'm not sure what I'm allowed to add or remove.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
Then you probably shouldn't be trying to make changes to the machine. If it belongs to the school, get them to fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, I know that some of my classmates are installing their own OS and stuff on their school comps, and they're most likely gonna reformat the entire thing once they get it back anyway. I just don't wanna break anything :p

And I will have to wait the entire summer before my school can fix it. IF they decide it's worth the time to do it (most likely not).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.