Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Situation: :)

Relatively new HP Laptop HP ZD7188 cl 3.2GHz 17" Screen
Came with XP Home

Under XP Home, Battery Status - Charge level applet worked well - including AC ICON in task bar toggled when Power Supply disconnected ALL GOOD!

Upgraded to XP Pro - Lost Battery Status applet - Task bar Icon always indicates running AC even with charger disconnected.
Tried several third party Battery monitoring programs - they indicate no battery present.

Talked to HP support 3 times with no result - :down:

Checked the following - Control Panel - Power - No mention of ACPI only APM -tried disabling APM no difference-

Checked Bios was ver F.01 (remember Battery Status was originally working with this Bios - No mention of any power settings found in Bios (Used F10 to gain access to Bios) If another more advanced area of BIOS exists I can't find it!

Loaded newest Bios from HP Web site - Flashed - to version F.05 - No difference - very few settings in Bios and none related to Power - looks the same as ver F.01

Checked in Device Manager many times under system and found no entries for ACPI

Checked under Administrative tools - Services to see if any power mgt or ACPI entries running or shutdown and found no reference to ACPI.

HP said they will mail out a driver disk but they have no idea what if any software exists on the CD to help get my battery status back.

I'm out of idea's - Some one must have been down this road before? I look forward to any help.

TIA

RENisME [email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.