Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Acer Laptop 4720 Z. My computer crashed and nothing shows up on my screen when i turn it on its just black. I bought the recovery Cds and spoke with Acer on how to do this but its not working. Somone please talk me through this to get my comp up and running. Last advice i received was to hit F2 on startup and then go to boot and make CDROM number one on my list and then save it and then put my disk in and go from there and nothing works. Please help and Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i can hear the dvd drive spin. I spoke with Acer today and I was told to hit F2 and go to boot and make my CDROM number one on my drive and then put my system disk in and let it go and then it will ask for my restore disk but nothing was happening at all so I don't know what to do. I make it to a screen that is Black and it looks like a command screen but it just stays on there and you can't do anything at all

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased the Recovery CD from Acer and actually just received this cd just today so I would hope the cd isn't bad. It came with a System CD, then a Recovery CD 1 and Recovery CD 2. It tells me to enter System Disk and press F12 when splash screen appears then select CDROM or DVD as boot device and i have done that already. But when i do these steps the screen still goes black so I am lost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I have done this like 10 times and its driving me nuts because acer told me to just do this and then it will all work. So i have no clue on what to do, they told me the problem and made me pay for the recovery disks and now i don't know what to do.

·
Banned
16,915 Posts
It is starting to sound like a hardware problem
Unfortunately thats not of my stronger points
Hopefully someone with better hardware skills will see this soon and help you further trouble shoot this.

What originally happend..did windows just fail to boot were you getting blue screens?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i do appreciate your replys and your attempt to help me out. My GF was on Google last week and it froze so she just hit the power button and then went to turn it back on and the screen turned black and wouldnt load up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.