Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am sharing a canon mf4350d printer installed on a vista home premium edition computer. I am trying to access it on an imac using osx 10.6.8. Below are the steps I have taken so far:

1. On vista machine in the control panel I have checked off the "share this printer" box in the printers properties.

2. In the registry of the Vista machine I have changed the value of lmcompatibilitylevel from 3 to 1 and then rebooted.

3. On the Imac in system preferences I opened "Print and Fax" and clicked "+" to add a printer.

4. I clicked on the "IP" button and set the "Protocol" to "Line Printer Daemon - LPD"; in the "Address" field I entered the IP address of the vista machine; In the "Print Using" I set to "Generic PCL Laser Printer".

When I try and print it can't connect to the printer and it does not print. Any help in solving this would be appreciated

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
On the Vista did you turn on printer sharing? Did you configure any non-Windows firewall for the desired access?

Vista refuses to file share unless at least one user account is password protected. Don't know if that is needed for printer sharing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response.

1. Printer Sharing is turned on in Vista

2. Non-windows firewall is set so that it should allow for printer sharing

3. One or more user accounts is password protected - the mac user account is password protected and I am also currently able to access files in a folder shared on the vista machine through the mac. The problem is strictly in sharing the vista connected printer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.