Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I D/Load some programmes I get access is denied.
I had previouly reformatted my HD and now have drive F, when I try to access certain folders or /and executable programmes access is denied.
Currently trying to install Roboform in Firefox

Thanks Peeps

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Are you booting to the right partition or drive? Is the ID you are using an Administrator ID? If you reformated the drive yourself and created any ID's you should have access to everything, lots more info is needed.

If its just a case of forgoten passwords no help can be given to you, and you will just have to start again.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Access to the drive has been ok for a couple of months, and nothing to do with passwords either. Basicly it seems that my level of "authourity" seems to have changed in respect of what I can access or install. I say install as my comp allows me to DL new programmes but denies access when installing the DL programmes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys but I think it has more to do with permissions in general than each particular programme I DL and access is denied when I try to run programme.
Something in the registry for my userid and the Administrator id perhaps????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.