Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new to the forum and not overly computer literate so please be gentle !

I have a Sony Laptop with Vista Business.

I back up using the save and restore facility on the lap top to an external hard drive connected via a USB.

I have a daily back up schedule.

Befroe Christmas it stopped backing up - initially because the destination drive was full , and then because of the above error.

I've looked through all the answers to this on Tech Guy, I've re-formatted the destination drive, I've moved to manual back up , stopped the schedule , turned off de-frag tool.

Nothing seems to work.

It gets to virtually the end of the back everytime and then the error appears and the back up fails.

I HAVE managed to do a full back up once - backing up the whole PC as a shadow copy, but a cant do a scheduled periodic back up of files.

Occasionally It seems to co-incide with my security protection ( Microsoft essentials ) finding a tool that it says is used for downloading malware - as this keeps recurring and started about the same time.

As it stands I'm doing a manual back up of my files - but it is a bit of a pain.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to address the error so I can schedule back ups again

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying

I'm using the Save and restore facilty built into the Sany Vaio Laptop - I was using Norton Save and Restore previously but lost confidence in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.