Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am trying to create a database that I can later use to attach to a website. The Website is going to be for a property management business. I am trying to create a searchable site that will run similar to a site like hotels.com. So far on my database, I have created some base tables and a form where I can input dates. This will run a search for vacant rooms, which runs successfully. The product of those queries will produce a Multiple Item Form, which I want to allow the user to select using a check box which room they want. This will further refine their search.

Right now, I am having problems with this Multiple Item Form and the query that will pull the information from than form and cross reference it with information on my Rooms table.

The first problem I am having is that when I run the form and I check the check box next to the record, all of the check boxes will be checked.

Ok, the next problem I am having is with the query that follows. Do I need to reference that checkbox using [forms]![form name]![check box name] in the following query. Or do I need to do something else.

Any ideas are welcome, I will try them all.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Jmann, welcome to the Forum.
You appear to be doing quite well so far.
If you have a Form in "Continuous Forms" mode and then add an "Unbound" check box when you tick that box all records will be checked. It is a problem with "Continuous forms".
If you add the check box as a Table field you should find that it will then work.
You are correct about using the
[forms]![form name]![check box name]
however if the field is now in the table you don't actually need to do so, you can use -1 in the Criteria Row, which means "Checked".
Just remember that the check box must be "unchecked" after the search otherwise it will remain checked for other searches as well.
You can uncheck it using simple VBA added to the Search Button
me.[check box name] = 0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.