Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it is just late in the day and the brain has quit. But I need help. I have a form that I have to base on two tables. So I wrote a query to pull the fields needed from each table, since visually trying to use sub-forms could get very messy. Now the problem is how to I save any of the data the user enters/changes in the form. In other words, I want to be able to update the appropriate table, but can't remember how to do that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
For Access to update changes using information in both tables, there needs to be a relationship between them. Although you have created a query using fields from both tables, unless they are linked Access won't know how to treat the information

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Providing the "Record Set" created by the query is updateable the data in the two tables will be automatically updated. If the record set is not updateable you can neither add or change the data on the form.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.