Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm having a bit of an issue with one of my computers. It's fairly new, running on Windows Vista.

I am able to connect to a wireless router (Belkin), but I am not able to connect to the internet on this one particular computer. Another desktop computer on the network is able to access the internet. I just get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" on the laptop whenever I attempt to open IE.
I've read through quite a few similar problems on other sites, but have yielded no solution. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Windows Vista> Hit the start button> type Network and Sharing Center>Under Active Network It will show your wireless Network> Double Click The wireless network> Then Wireless Network Connection Status will show up>Properties>Open Internet Protocol Version (IPV) 6 (TCP/IPv6) Obtain IPv6 address and DNS server address automatically Next Open IPV 4 (TCP/IPv4) And Obtain everything automatically then Under Alternate Configuration Tab Automatic IP address.

PS sorry if this does not help if not got to 192.168.0.1 Or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 and reset your router. ( Or Look on the back and it Might Have a Reset button.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.