Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me get rid of adware called auroura by abi network.?I think it came riding into my puter on free games . I have win.xp operating sys. on a 3 yr. old dell. I asked google for a free adware remover and all I get is a free scan and then have to register to pay for the software fixer. I don't think i should have to pay for someone slipping into my computer but I guess this happens sometimes. this network or the free gameware is not in my control panle add/ remove as I have already tried that with no sucess. Thanks for any help you can give me. One thing I do know is that I need more ram as I only have 126 and it makes this Dell slower but don't think an upgrade would help this problem.

·
Registered
42,057 Posts
Wallflo said:
Can anyone help me get rid of adware called auroura by abi network.?I think it came riding into my puter on free games . I have win.xp operating sys. on a 3 yr. old dell. I asked google for a free adware remover and all I get is a free scan and then have to register to pay for the software fixer. I don't think i should have to pay for someone slipping into my computer but I guess this happens sometimes. this network or the free gameware is not in my control panle add/ remove as I have already tried that with no sucess. Thanks for any help you can give me. One thing I do know is that I need more ram as I only have 126 and it makes this Dell slower but don't think an upgrade would help this problem.
It might be a good idea to post this issue in the Security Forum along with a HijackThis Log.

·
Registered
46,353 Posts
Hi Wallflo

Welcome to TSG! :)

I have moved your thread to the Security forum.

Please do this:

First create a permanent folder somewhere like in My Documents and name it Hijack This.

Now Click here to download Hijack This. Download it and click "Save". Save it to the Hijack This folder you just created.

Click on Hijackthis.exe to launch the program. Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log. Click "Save" to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.

Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.

DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

·
Registered
46,353 Posts
Due to lack of response by the original thread starter, I'm closing this thread.

If you need it reopened please PM me or one of the other mods.

Anyone else with a similar problem please start a "New Thread".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.