Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im new to comps. I got a HP Pavilion dv9000 at best buy and put a Antivirus program on it called Antivir. It keeps warning me of a Malware called A0015993.DLL and im wondering what is Malware and what is the problem with my comp. if you could help Thanks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi and Welcome to TSG!

Unfortunatly due to the rules of TSG, I am not allowed to help in removing the suspect file. (anyone with a gold shield next to their name can help, for example cookiegal)

Ok, well from what I have read that anti virus program is a good one, so it must be a legit problem.

As for the malware question...
Malware is Short for malicious software, software designed specifically to damage or disrupt a system, such as a virus or a Trojan horse.

Hope that helps, and also if you think no one has noticed your post say after 24hours, and it is not on the first page or so, just post a post saying "bump!" and this will take it to the top of the threads list.

Kind Regards
Anthony

·
Registered
869 Posts
When it warns you of the malware, what type does it say it is? Knowing the type is the first step to getting rid of it, especially if it'd detected by the AV program (good sign)

·
Administrator
123,556 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSG,

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.