Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, this is confusing the heck out of me.

on my screen is a black line approximately a pixel thick that runs horizontally over everything. :confused:

When I change my screen resolution (changing it from 1280x1024 to 1152x864 and back again) it disappears.

It shows back up roughly about once week in differnt places (closer to bottom, closer to top, smack dab in the middle, etc.) This has been happening for months. Doesn't affect my work all that much. I am just a little curious as to what causes it.

Anyone else experiencing something like this?

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is a TFT screen? and whatever it is I am positive that my screen is CRT. I didn't buy into that flatscreen craze

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, ok. Sorry. I guess I should have specifided my screen when I first made the post. ....TFT's? I thought there where just LCD's And CRT's. I learned something new today!

· Retired Moderator
110,551 Posts
I'm guessing it's a problem with your video board, likely some memory issue. It could be drivers as well, have you tried updating the drivers?

· Registered
4,340 Posts
Thanx John, but I posted this thread a long time ago; back when I thought music was free and that Win2k was the supperior OS. The Vid card, along with it´s drivers, are long gone. I was just commenting that after all this time I still dont know what caused that line.

I think your right though. That card always gave me problems. I bet it was a problem with that card.

Could you mark this solved for me John?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.