Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a game controller with a ps/2 port, but I only have two spots to plug it in to which is my keyboard and mouse ports. (and of course it won't recognize the controller when I plug it there because the driver installation program wont recognize it ). Is there such a thing to change a ps/2 port to a USB, and will my controller work if I plug it into the ps/2 to USB and then into a usb in my computer?

My game controller is the Saitek x52 flight conrtol system. It has two game controllers. One has a usb port and one a ps/2 port. The driver program recognizes the usb one however it does not recognize the ps/2 one.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Ok, what I was getting at was that sometimes once controller connects directly to the other controller, and its only that one controller that connects directly to the computer.

Is there a manual that came with the controller?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
the ps2 type plug it for plugging the joystick into the throttle, then the USB on the throttle goes into the computer .

I would recommend getting a PCI USB expansion card, this will give you the port you need to plug in the controller.

I just got my X52 and it is a kewl controller, let me know if you need help configuring it as I am working on some profiles for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.