Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone:
I don't have a problem that I'm aware of, but thought some might be interested in a new program development. My wife and I are local historians. We have collected tons of historical information about our community and have been looking for an off-the-shelf database management sytem to capture, store, and access the information. Also, since we are not young, we want to get this information into a format that we can pass on to an organization that will give other historians and family researchers access to it. I had to give up the search, and now plan to have the application built.

I am working with a DB designer to create this system. I have some experience in front end analysis part of DB design but not a lot of implementation experience. We are working on the conceptual design and will very soon be getting into implementation.

In addition to its use for our project, I hope to market the end product for other communities. It will allow them to collect all kinds of information such as newspaper clippings (old and new), pictures, newspaper and magazine articles, obituaries, wedding accounts, birth, marriage, death records, property records, voter's lists, etc. etc. and place them into a system that will allow them to conduct intelligent searches, intricate lookups, linking related pieces of information according to people, places, events, organizations, etc.

Any comments?

Brockest

·
Registered
14,167 Posts
Sounds wonderful! Best of luck with this endeavor! Welcome to TSG, Brockest! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.