Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool!
Below is the guide for viewing them:

On this page are details for seeing all five naked-eye planets this evening and every evening into early April.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are five planets visible to the naked eye now. Not until April 2036 will there be another chance to readily see all five naked-eye planets at the same time in the evening.

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/planet_guide_040312.html

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Pretty amazing!!! I just watched a special on today the lined up planets. The most interesting thing I thought was that Venus is the brightest planet. I'm dragging out my telescope tonight and going to see if I can find the planets:)

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by hotskates:
Pretty amazing!!! I just watched a special on today the lined up planets. The most interesting thing I thought was that Venus is the brightest planet. I'm dragging out my telescope tonight and going to see if I can find the planets:)
Definitely cool.

The guide at that website has a good viewer guide for seeing the planets plus a link to view a guide on Viewing Venus. Apparently Venus goes through phases like the moon.

One is definitely bright you can see right now it is right near the moon.
Guide says mars is to the left of the moon but me and a friend were wondering if it was actually Venus since it is so bright.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Mulder, you know everything gets crazy around here when the planets align:D You were so overly excited when you posted you spelled my name wrong:(

·
Registered
23,270 Posts
lol Jersey.. i looked at the guide and saw the date and thought at first you were a year too late cause the date had already passed only to realize thats what the view is going to be..

And Im seriously hoping this summer...

But back to the thread.. guess my new telescope i got for christmas might just come in handy.. but the damn this is so big i hate moving it around :(
but maybe it will be worth it.. definantly gonna have some nice weather to view the stars from out side with :)

mid 60s and no clouds :)

·
Registered
51,023 Posts
Originally posted by hotskates:
Mulder, you know everything gets crazy around here when the planets align:D You were so overly excited when you posted you spelled my name wrong:(
I must admit I have a problem with names. Most times, I don't even remember the girl's name! :eek:

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by [email protected]:
lol Jersey.. i looked at the guide and saw the date and thought at first you were a year too late cause the date had already passed only to realize thats what the view is going to be..

And Im seriously hoping this summer...

But back to the thread.. guess my new telescope i got for christmas might just come in handy.. but the damn this is so big i hate moving it around :(
but maybe it will be worth it.. definantly gonna have some nice weather to view the stars from out side with :)

mid 60s and no clouds :)
If you don't use your telesope for this you won't use it for anything . apparently you can see the rings of saturn with a telescope.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.