Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some problems installing my cd-rw drive. Now I am getting 4 beeps which represents a problem with my parellel or serial ports. My cd-rw drive only shows up if I switch the pci bus master ide controler either to default or both ide channels enabled. I have switch from one to the other each time after shutting off my computer. Its beeping every two minutes or so with the 4 beeps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I fixed the problem of my cd-rw drive by updating my ide driver for my motherboard. The beeping starts after about 10 minutes after I turn my computer on. It is 4 short beeps. I have a biostar M5ala motherboard and havent found out what the beeps stand for yet. I have read that 4 beeps usuallly has to do with parellel or serial port, system timer, or time of day. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Hi bbsuperfly

Here is a link that may help you narrow down the causes of the beeps.

http://www.bioscentral.com/

If the beeping starts about ten minutes after you turn it on I would think about overheating. You might want to open the case and check the fans. Also you could open the case and have a fan blow into it and see if this stops the beeping

BOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.