Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am a newbie to Linux (Fedora Core 3), but have worked in a Unix environment for the past six years. This is the first time that I have attempted to install linux as my OS and become familiar with the desktop environment. I successfully installed Fedora Core 3 on my IBM T20 laptop, but have an issue with the 3COM Mini PCI Combo Card. The ethernet port works properly, but I am unable to find the driver for the modem. I found that Fedora has a configuration tool for setting up the modem, but I can't find my modem in the list of available modems the OS provides when configuring a new modem.

Has anyone ever had this issue? Where can I find the driver(s) for this modem? I have searched the IBM and 3COM support sites and both had nothing. Can anyone help me with this issue? In case you are wondering why I might need to use my modem when the ethernet port works is because I need to use the modem while I am at work. We use AT&T Global Dialer, but that too is not supported by AT&T. They stopped at Redhat version 6.1.

Thanks,

Bio32nicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.