Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ppl,
ive had my comp for few months now and its beginning to slow down. if i turn all programs off ( and all users apart from me) 300 to 400mb ram is still being used. i dunno wat for though. ive scanned harddrive for viruses with multiple scanners and checked for spyware, also defragmented harddrive.
is this useage of ram normal?!?!?! here is my comp spec.

amd 64 3400+
512 mb ram
xp

thx alot for looking at this. :)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
How are you turing off all programs? Have you actually went to start, run, typed "msconfig" without the quotes, hit enter, clicked the startup tab, unchecked everything and rebooted before checking it?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx man ... its dropped to under 200mb now ??? is that rite..
when i press cntl alt del --> processes it has things like aol.. think i have never used but came pre installed on computer.. also kodak ... which i havnt run in weeks.. can i get rid of these??

thx for any replies

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Well if you don't use AOL then by all means get rid of it. Should be listed in Add/Remove Programs. Same for the Kodak which I'm assuming is for a Digital Camera.

Additionally you can disable things in MSCONFIG so they don't start.

But there's little problem with what seems large memory useage. I have 215MB used with only a few things running; its not a problem.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rite,,, sumin seriously aint rite now.. i jst was browsing web/ dl a demo 500mb. and my ram usage has gone over 1.5g and is has now extended its virtual memory. wtf?! i hav 2 programs running. rite this has to be a virus rite????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.