Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a antec true blue 480 ps and thought it was 24 pin but when it arrived today it is only 20 pin.The motherboard ,a asus a8n5x is 24 pin.I used a 20 pin in my asus a8n sli deluxe for a long time by just plugging in and leaving end pins empty and it worked fine.I cant seem to find out if this a8n5x is the same way.rest of the parts will be here tomorrow and i was wanting to complete new build this weekend.I'm kinda upset i goofed up on ps,guy wants new computer monday. I would assume it will work but wondering if anybody else knew for sure.

·
Registered
51,087 Posts
digger747 said:
I ordered a antec true blue 480 ps and thought it was 24 pin but when it arrived today it is only 20 pin.The motherboard ,a asus a8n5x is 24 pin.I used a 20 pin in my asus a8n sli deluxe for a long time by just plugging in and leaving end pins empty and it worked fine.I cant seem to find out if this a8n5x is the same way.rest of the parts will be here tomorrow and i was wanting to complete new build this weekend.I'm kinda upset i goofed up on ps,guy wants new computer monday. I would assume it will work but wondering if anybody else knew for sure.
It should work fine. I have 20 pin in a 24 pin ASUS board with no problems. They make adapters, but from what I understand, they really aren't necessary and in some cases may be counter-productive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.