Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried to install windows xp over my windows me os (stupid i know). Anyway something went wrong and now when ever I boot up my computer it gives me a choice of which os to pick. I can choose XP and just ME, and If i choose XP I get to the logon screen and it tells me to put in a password and I have to clue what to put there. So, ME is the only one I can use and its really slow and buggy.

Anyway, I just want to know how I can get the XP os install out of my system, I just want to use ME for now!

THANKS!

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hi Baseball dude
If you have an ME boot floppy then put that in.
When you get to the A/ prompt type fdisk and press yes to enable large disk support.
When you get to the main menu press either 4 or 5 to view the partitions and delete all non-dos partitions.
Reboot and you should be ok.
Wolfey

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ok BD it seems you may have installed XP using the FAT32 file structure which, along with ME, will show NO NTFS partitions.
Check out the disk space allocated to ME and XP for example;
A 30gb hdd installed.
C has 10gb allocated to ME
D has 20gb allocated to XP
Delete the 20gb partition.
Wolfey

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
debunkcia said:
that's a pickle there. using that utility you can easily change the password to a blank password and your good to go. if you want to get rid of xp you are going to have to delete that partition. here's a FAQ

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171444
Ok, I followed that site and did everything correctly (I thought), but now when I boot my computer it wont boot up and it says I'm missing Ntldr..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.