Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Couple of NT questions I really need help with:

1) How do I change what programs startup when NT starts up? There were a couple of programs I had set to start when NT was started, and they've since been removed from my computer. Now I get annoying error messages. How do I get NT to stop trying to start them automatically upon starting up?

2) Is there a way to change the name of drives? My hard drive is partitioned - there was originally the C and D drives. I just installed a zip drive, and it has somehow become the D drive (D is now F). So, every time I try to run something (from a shortcut or the start menu) that used to be in D, it can't be found. I figure the easiest way to fix this would be to just change the name of the drive back to D. If there's a way, that is...

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kato,

1) what is your email? I will send you an attachment to solve this one. Then put the files in the following folder: c:\%windows root directory%\system

ie if you are running NT most likely path is c:\winnt\system

Then choose START=>RUN and type msconfig then hit enter. Here you can specify what starts up. Be careful though, there is a lot that can harm your system in here too.

2) I am trying to remember for NT, as I am on 2000, but here goes....I believe it is in the following - START=>PROGRAMS=>ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS=>DISK ADMIN (i think, I could tell you if I had it in front of me:D). Here you can change drive letters, repartition, whatever you want. Just right click on the partition and choose your poison....

Hope this helps......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.