Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Does "defo" mean you will build a PC?

-- Tom

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Yeah, the crucial part (not the memory - pun, i.e. crucial memory which is the best) is that all of the components are compatible and you buy then in the order that makes sense - like making sure memory is the right type for the Motherboard, and whether you are starting from scratch like instead of simply purchasing a Motherboard you decide to acquire all the components and purchase the wrong socket for the processor you previously purchased.

I would go with purchase the major components like the Motherboard with the socket preinstalled and possible the memory or without the memory scan it (i.e. the Motherboard) on the crucial website and then purchase the memory after searching for the best price for that specific type of memory rather than directly purchasing it from crucial.

Don't forget to buy yourself a really good power supply - there are web sites where you can input your components and they will tell you how much power is going to be consumed. Then there is the chassis like a tower or a mini-tower - i.e. don't forget to give yourself enough space to dissipate the heat from running the system, plus the fans should be of a high quality so you don't burn-up your system. The Tomshardware.com website has evaluations of power supplies and what you need to know about making a good purchasing decision.

Lots to learn - sounds like fun!

-- Tom

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
Hi Gubz,

Let us know how its goin' along the way.

-- Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.