Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a brand new ATI 1950XTX and a new power supply just to run the card. Power supply works fine so i know its not that. Installed the 1950xtx as directed, but when i plug my computer back in and turn it on the monitor gives me no indication thats its even plugged in. It has no display at all doesnt even flicker. Also the towers LED working light goes off like its doing something but doesnt respond. The CD drives wont even pull out during this time. I have no idea what the problem is, maybe i have to update my BIOS? i was under the impression you only had to do that for AGP bus cards.

Anyways any suggestions or even a confirmation that the card is a dud would be helpful.

HP-
AMP3500+
2gig XMS corsair ram
ATI x700 pro (this one is my old one and works)

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
What power supply did you buy? Not only does it need a high wattage one but it needs to be a quality brand. I assume you've plugged in the auxiliary power connections into the video card?

What motherboard do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the card was plugged in right. Plugged it into a 6 pin PCI-E cord that came with the PSU.

im using a Thermaltake TR2-550W power supply.

Motherboard i have no idea id have to find out where to look on the inside. I know ATI made the onboard video card for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The card seems to be getting power, or at least the fan is. When i start up the computer the fan goes off at its default 100% speed but just sits like that while i get the blank screen all noisy like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Property Value
Manufacturer MSI
Model ALBACORE
Version 1.0

Chipset Vendor ATI Technologies Inc
Chipset Model RS480 Host Bridge
South Bridge IXP SB400 PCI-ISA Bridge

CPU AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Cpu Socket Socket 939
Processor Upgrade
Max CPU Speed 3000 MHz

System Slots 3 PCI

Memory Summary
Location System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity 2048 MBytes
Memory Slots 4
Error Correction None
Use System memory
Maximum Memory Module Size 4096 MBytes

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

its got a 16x lane PCI-E slot dunno why it didnt show up. Its running my x700 right now.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eh, figured you would say that. I think my mobo can get flashed off my hardrive but im not sure. Would rather not have to go the blank CD route. Either way i think ill update it since im using the 1.0 version of a bios that now has a 3.4 version.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Triple6, think i found my mobo on the MSI site. Can you tell from the previous releases if this would fix my problem?

Erm, that link didnt work right. Anyways i found the 7093 model on the MSI site

http://www.msicomputer.com/support/bios_result.asp you can search for it real quick there the model is at the bottom as RS480M2/RX480M2 (7093)

could you search that and tell me if the previous updates have adressed my problem? or if it would help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.