Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. When I open my File menu and click on Save as, and then Save, I keep getting a pop-up message: "This web page could not be saved".
2. I cannot get "View source" to work. The source code will not come up: nothing happens at all. It is IE 5.0 that I am having this problem with. I also have Netscape 4.7, and it works there OK. So I can't understand why it won't work with IE 5.0.

If somebody can help me with one or both of these questions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
10,392 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The solution you suggested, deleting the TIF's (Temporary Internet Files) worked to solve my "View source" problem! And, surprisingly, it apparently solved my other problem as well: I am now saving web pages, and I didn't even need to try to implement any of the solutions you suggested for that one!

By the way, I did have a bit of a problem trying to figure out what TIF's meant (I'm 55 and getting Alzheimer's). However, I came upon "Temporary Internet Files" when I thought to go Tools - Internet Options, and there I saw it in the middle of the frame with a button for deleting same.

Thank you Tony!

All best,
Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.