Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've ran into an interesting problem I haven't encountered before. Any advice is appreciated.
Last night after finishing up my work, I put my computer on standby and went to bed. Upon waking up this morning, I found the computer turned off. When I turned on the computer I heard a clicking and the lights of the CD-ROM/Case etc... flickered. I opened up the case and looked around. I swapped a power supply after a bit of troubleshooting and that solved the problem. My computer booted normally up until Windows tried to load, then it started displaying the symptoms of a corrupt registery. I put in the XP startup disk and booted from the CD. I was going to use to the recovery console to try to repair the corrupted registry, but upon selecting the root drive to work on it throws me into a 0x50 error every time. I am currently running a memtest (though I doubt that will be the problem) and heading out for a few hours. Any ideas on how to figure out what the root fo this would be appreciated.
Thanks alot,
Bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.