Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a bit of trouble with my system, my brother reccomended a 'repair install'. Well after doing the repair install, i can't boot my computer. I managed to press f8 and forced it to tell me why it wouldn't boot (it was just constantly rebooting), and it turns out to be the dreaded 0x0000007B message.

I've gone through everything on the Microsoft support website. I tried running chkdsk, i tried doing MORE repair installs. I looked for IDE drivers for my motherboard (K7vmm) but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with them.

I managed to get another installation working on top of the old one (C:\windows1) so I can type this message. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any of my old settings, registry, or drivers.

So does anyone know how I can fix this problem, or bring all my old settings, registry, and drivers over to my new installation?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.