Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
total computer novice here so please be easy on me

when trying to run Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4. on my older Dell Computer yesterday (fairly recently upgraded to XP from ME) I was getting some compatibility error messages.
I tried to uninstall the program (Adaptec) but think parts of it were still left behind which later were causing errors.... Windows was stopping certain drivers from loading at startup and the computer would automatically shut down at times.
I tried doing a system restore to no avail

I finally gave up (or so I thought I did) and decided to try uninstalling XP and go back to ME
I did so but now when I insert any cd into my cd-rom drive I get the blue screen error message listed in the topic header. I cannot get out of it without ctrl/alt/delete.

I searched high and low on the net for a solution and can't find anything

Any 'simple' explaination on how I can make this error go away and be able to access my cd-rom drive?

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
When reinstalling any Windows version, all the motherboard specific drivers are lost.

You need to reload the motherboard drivers for the Windows version as provided by the motherboard or PC maker.

Have you done that?

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Usually you download them from the makers website. In which case you do not need the CD drive.

What make and model of PC?
Did Windows ME come of a recovery disk (in which case all drivers would have been reinstalled)?

The more details you give, the more people will be able to help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there, this may help with removing all traces of ezcd creator and adaptec direct Cd. It's titled RoxiZap. Go to this site and do a search in the knowledge base "uninstall" http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/default.html
I've never had to use it, but from what I've read on Google, it works great with version 4,5 and 6.
I have Adaptec Easy Cd creator 4.02d_d5 and adaptec directCD 3.01d_d5 from Dell on WinMe, dell dim4100
Good luck, Jerrie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.